ASHI Wilderness First Aid Course
This course is a 16 hour program designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be prepared to manage an emergency medical situation in a remote environment.
This course is open to anyone with an interest, as well as all scout leaders who will be involved in taking youth into the great outdoors. This is required training for BSA high adventure trips.
This course has been designed to meet the Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines, 2017 Edition, established by the Boy Scouts of America for a 16 hour Wilderness First Aid Course.
- CPR is a pre-requisite. All students must have a valid CPR certification prior to taking this course.
- There is a 6 student minimum to run the course.
- Class is limited to 10 students per 1 instructor.
- Course materials are included and provided.
- An ASHI (American Safety and Health Institute) Wilderness FIrst Aid certification card will be given upon completion of course.
- Students must attend both sessons to attain certification.
The Wilderness First Aid Course is conducted as follows;
Friday night- CPR Class Certification-we offer this class for students who need certification. Registration is required, there is a separate charge for this class, and an ASHI CPR certification card is given.
Saturday- We allow for 8 hours of instruction mixed with hands-on training. There will be a break for lunch.
Sunday- We allow for 8 hours of instruction mixed with hands-on training, a break for lunch, a review of the materials, and distribution of cards.
This course is conducted on an "as needed" basis. Contact the office at 410-838-8821 to be put on a list . If you have a group of 6, contact the office to schedule a course. Our instructors will work with you on setting dates that will work for everyone in your group.