2020 AHA PALS Course Videos on USB Drive
Please note: This item is not for International use; it is intended for U.S. use only.
The PALS Provider Course Videos on USB features the same content as the PALS Provider Course DVD Set and PALS Provider Course Digital Videos. The convenient USB digital format includes the required video segments for the classroom-based and blended learning options of the PALS Provider Course. The USB allows Instructors to access course videos with the USB and does not require an internet connection.
The PALS Provider Course Videos on USB are to be used by a single AHA PALS Instructor to teach the PALS Provider and PALS Update courses, and to conduct skills practice and testing sessions for HeartCode® PALS. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu.
The PALS Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This course uses precourse preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Product Technical Specifications:
- This USB drive is compatible with Windows and Mac computers with standard USB-A ports
- Newer Chromebooks with the ability to download apps from Google Play are also supported
- Smart TVs are not supported
- A USB hub or adapter may be used with computers that have USB-C ports
- There is no need to download or purchase other software to operate the USB drive unless you are using a Chromebook
- The USB drive must remain inserted to access course videos
- Videos are Full HD 1080p
- Some companies may have IT policies that don’t allow the use of external drives or may block the use of the Flux Player software on this drive. Consult your IT department if this is a concern for you.