New! 2020 AHA Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Course on USB Drive
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course on USB features the same content as the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED DVD Set and Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Digital Videos. The convenient USB digital format includes the required video segments for the classroom-based and blended learning options of the Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver CPR AED, and Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED courses and skills testing. The USB allows Instructors to access course videos with the USB and does not require an internet connection.
This product is non-returnable.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course on USB are to be used by a single AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor to teach the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED, Heartsaver CPR AED, and Heartsaver First Aid classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and testing for Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED blended learning. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Provide students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid and/or CPR and use of an AED.
- Empower students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- With online, onsite, and classroom training* in two course paths (Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total), these courses offer flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center.)
- The shorter Heartsaver core course path offers the flexibility to add optional topics, while Heartsaver Total is designed for those requiring OSHA or other regulatory agency compliant training.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the CPR AED portion of this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concept of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Demonstrate giving effective breaths by using mouth to mouth or a mask for all ages
- Demonstrate performing high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant
- Demonstrate using an AED on an adult and on a child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
After successfully completing the first aid portion, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Product Technical Specifications:
- USB Mass Storage device class standard supported natively by modern operating systems such as Windows, Linux, macOS, and others.
- USB requires a device with a USB port and must remain inserted in port to access video.USB Includes encryption and a portable media player loaded directly to the USB unit itself eliminating the need for player downloads or additional purchases.
- Gigabyte White Swivel Drive, Blue Body, Printed 2 sides
- Copy-Protected "Protect Soft" USB Drive with Lynx Player Software
- ALCOR Chipset
- Copy-Protected "Protect Soft" USB Drive with Lynx Player Software:
- Content Dropped onto Normal Partition on USB Drive
- Cannot Delete Partition or Content
- Can Copy Content onto other Devices but will not work as USB Drive is the Key/License that opens Software, must have USB to play video
- Lynx Player Proprietary Player Software Loaded onto Drive for a Self-Contained Player Experience for MAC and PC, auto-plays
- MAC/PC Compatible
- MP4 for Video using Lynx Player or Full DVD and Motion Menu Capability using Lynx Player Lockable USB’s or both