New! 2020 AHA Heartsaver® CPR AED Student Workbook. Now available for purchase as a Single or a Bundle of 6.
The Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook contains all the information a student needs to successfully complete the Heartsaver CPR AED Course and is a required text for course training. Designed for a single user, this text is a valuable reference tool before, during, and after the course.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC),
- Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of CPR and how to use an AED.
- Empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- With online, onsite, and classroom training*, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center.)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concept of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Demonstrate giving effective breaths by using mouth to mouth or a mask for all ages
- Demonstrate performing high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant
- Demonstrate using an AED on an adult and on a child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- 88 pages of full-color images and text
- Saddle-stitched within a full-color soft cover
- (1) 2.875" x 3.75" 7-panel HS Adult CPR AED Reminder Card
- (1) 2.875" x 3.75" 8-panel HS Child and Infant CPR AED Reminder Card