2020 AHA ACLS Course Videos on USB Drive
USB drive with ACLS course videos for teaching the ACLS course, classroom-based update course, and skills practice/testing sessions for HeartCode® ACLS
Please note: This item is not for International use; it is intended for U.S. use only.
The ACLS Provider Course Videos on USB features the same content as the ACLS Provider Course DVD Set and ACLS Provider Course Digital Videos. The convenient USB digital format includes the required video segments for the classroom-based and blended learning options of the ACLS Provider Course. The USB allows Instructors to access course videos with the USB and does not require an internet connection.
The ACLS Provider Course Videos on USB are to be used by a single AHA ACLS Instructor to teach the ACLS Provider and ACLS Update courses, and to conduct skills practice and testing sessions for HeartCode® ACLS. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu.
The AHA’s ACLS Course teaches the importance of preventing cardiac arrest, high-performance teams, continuous high-quality CPR, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest care, acute dysrhythmias, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the ACLS Course, students should be able to
- Define systems of care
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult Patients
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team (RRT) or medical emergency team (MET) may improve patient outcomes
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
- Discuss early recognition and management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Perform early management of bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Recognize respiratory arrest
- Perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Recognize cardiac arrest
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
Product Technical Specifications:
- This USB drive is compatible with Windows and Mac computers with standard USB-A ports
- Newer Chromebooks with the ability to download apps from Google Play are also supported
- Smart TVs are not supported
- A USB hub or adapter may be used with computers that have USB-C ports
- There is no need to download or purchase other software to operate the USB drive unless you are using a Chromebook
- The USB drive must remain inserted to access course videos
- Videos are Full HD 1080p
- Some companies may have IT policies that don’t allow the use of external drives or may block the use of the Flux Player software on this drive. Consult your IT department if this is a concern for you.